Thursday, April 25, 2013

El Queso

El Queso
(With apologies to Marty Robbins)

Out in the west Texas town of El Queso
I fell in love with the Mexican food.

Nighttime would find me in Rosa's cantina
Music would play and burrito would whirl.

Blacker than night were the beans of burrito
Wicked and evil while casting a spell.

My hunger was deep for this Mexican dinner.
I was in love with this food I could tell.

One night a wild young cowboy came in
Wild as the west Texas wind.

Dashing and daring a meal he was eating
Of yummy burrito the food that I loved.

So in hunger I challenged his right for the taste of this dinner,
Down went his hand for the fork that he bore.

My challenge was answered in less than a heartburn
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor.
Out of the back door of Rosa's I ran
Back where the horses were tied.

I caught a good one it looked like it could run.
Up on its back and away I did ride

Just as fast as I could from the west Texas town of El Queso
Out to the badlands of New Mexico.

Back in El Queso my life won't be hungry.
All the food's gone in life nothing is left.

It's been so long since I've had a burrito.
My hunger is stronger than my fear of death.

I saddled up and away I did go
Riding alone in the dark.

Maybe a tomorrow an MI will find me
Tonight nothing's worse than this pain in my chest.

And at last here I am on the hill overlooking El Queso.
I can see Rosa's Cantina below.

My hunger is strong and it pushes me onward.
Down off the hill to burrito I go.

Off to my right I see 5 hungry cowboys,
Off to my left ride a dozen or more.

Shouting and shooting I can't let them eat there.
I have to make it to Rosa's front door.

Something is dreadfully wrong for I feel
A deep burning pain in my chest.

Though I am trying to stay in the saddle
I'm getting weary unable to ride.

But my love for burrito is strong and I rise where I've fallen
Because I am hungry I can't stop to rest.

I feel the crushing and burning inside me.
There is a pain that is deep in my chest.

From out of nowhere burrito has found me,
Clogging my vessels all down my left side.

Reaching my arms for the food that I'd die for
One little bite and burrito goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment